There really is a better way to earn a living.
One with no commutes, no quick lunches, no directives … and no being paid virtual peanuts for the time you spend.
It’s the Dot Com lifestyle. The 21st-century way of doing things.
Yes, it can be difficult to change a daily routine and take action, but the benefits so outweigh the effort.
And frankly, they’re also much, much better than the mundane and often ridiculous situations typified by these 25 exasperating office occurrences:
1. Noisy typers
2. Noisy eaters
3. Lift awkwardness
4. People who leave the kitchen looking like this:
5. And allow their desks to devolve into this:
6. Having to spend the first half of every Monday answering the exact same question.
Would it be so wrong to just hand these out instead?
7. Martyrs who insist on hauling themselves into work despite being infectiously ill.
8. Endless birthday whip-’rounds
9. And office politics
10. Both of which always involve debilitating amounts of cake
11. And then, once a year, it’s your turn — which means sitting there while people sing Happy Birthday to you … because that’s not awkward at all
12. People who don’t get back to you
13. Though at least that’s preferable to receiving emails that make no sense whatsoever
14. Meetings that drag on forever and make you daydream about doing this
15. People who make unnecessary noise
Nothing against babies. Babies are lovely. Just not in the workplace. It’s always a bit weird.
18. Corporate jargon
19. Stupid buzzwords
20. Workmates who are clueless about technology
21. Touchy-feely company slogans
This isn’t fake, by the way. It’s taken from an actual ad agency website.
22. Colleagues who send emails, despite sitting right next to you
23. Colleagues who don’t pull their weight in key areas and therefore deserve to be shamed
25. And co-workers who are permanently stressed
Still, you’ve got to look on the bright side. Only another few hours to go, and then …
Which is where you could have been all along if you took action and made a commitment to achieve the Dot Com lifestyle!
Which, in turn, means you can work anywhere you feel like …
And that’s much more rewarding than climbing a corporate ladder!