Looking good and losing weight are two of those topics that are always on people’s minds.
Rightfully so. Weight maintenance is more than a vanity issue. It’s a quality of life issue.
Thus, weight maintenance is a fundamental element of the Dot Com lifestyle. In fact, it’s one of the key reasons why taking action to live the Dot Com lifestyle is so important. You can’t dream your life away any more than you can wish your weight away.
That should be motivation enough. But for the record, here are 11 hard-core facts about being overweight that may shock you into living a healthier life.
1. In 2011, Australian research found that, among diabetic obese men, losing 5%-10% of body weight led to improvements in erectile function and libido. Health.com reports that this is likely due to the strain obesity puts on the heart and blood vessels.
2. When you’re overweight, your entire system is out of balance, including the hormones that impact your mood. As a result, losing weight increases your well-being and decreases the severity of depression.
3. Being overweight puts a burden on the adrenal glands, which manage asthma and allergies. Being overweight is also a strain on the respiratory system and can exacerbate asthma symptoms.
4. A recent study on people who lost an average of 90 pounds after bariatric surgery found their complaints of foot pain dropped by 83%.
5. Weight loss and arthritis have a strong connection to inflammation in the body. Some studies note that weight loss improves relief from arthritis pain.
6. A father’s diet before conception plays a crucial role in a child’s health.
7. Excess weight may be associated with a wide variety of changes to the body’s largest organ, the skin. More studies are needed to understand how obesity plays a role in blemishes and infections of the skin. However, existing research suggests losing weight can improve psoriasis.
8. Harsh, but necessary: If morbidly obese people are too big for conventional MRI machines, they are sent to Sea World to use their machines.
9. The mental benefits of weight loss extend even further, boosting memory. One study compared 109 people who underwent bariatric surgery to 41 people in a control group who lost no weight. After 12 weeks, the researchers discovered that those who’d had the surgery had improved memory, compared with the control group.
10. The bigger you are, the more likely you are to suffer a heart attack earlier in life; on average, that would be two years sooner for the most obese people.
11. Overweight women have four times the endometrial cancer risk. This is likely for the same reason they’re at increased risk for breast cancer: Body fat produces estrogen, a hormone linked to both diseases.
Being overweight can be cured. You need to have the motivation to do it. Nothing can do that like the Dot Com lifestyle. The financial independence that comes with it returns your time to you; enough to spend the attention you should on weight maintenance.
Now get out there and conquer the world!
Read more: http://viralnova.com/lose-weight/